Sunday 6 November 2016

Procrastination

Just taking a moment to procrastinate in the middle of editing the Autumn Mist tutorial.

It turned out to be a longer tutorial than I planned. The raw recordings amounted to almost 2 hours. Hopefully I'll get that down to 30 or 40 minutes after editing. There will be some retakes with phones bleeping and a certain cat meowing.

I often find I need to take brief brakes from longer edits, I guess it helps to let the concentration go occasionally.

In other news, I was up a long ladder (in the cold and wind) daubing mortar to repair some patches just beneath the tiles of my roof. I've never done that before and not really what I'd call fun. I'll be full of aches and pains tomorrow. And now it's raining... hope it doesn't wash my new work away.

I've shared a couple of shader setups recently on my Facebook Group. They came out of me thinking about something someone asked, regarding shaders to simulate the hand drawn pencil colouring effect of The Snowman animation, which I've loved for years. Watching some of it again the other night, I was struck with how impressive some of the 3D camera movement is, as the camera flies around buildings for example. This was all done without the aid of CG. Computers were used to add certain effects such as the snow in some of the scenes but the majority was all done by hand. Very impressive indeed, especially given it was made in 1982.

I'm still working on a competition so watch this space, and now my internet is working properly again (took 3 weeks of wrangling with my ISP, British Telecom) I'm hoping to do some live streams soon.

Have another picture just for fun -

Oh well, back to work :)

Sardi

1 comment:

  1. Sardi, you're such a writer! Awesome blog! :) <3
    --Cheers

    ReplyDelete